
I paid a visit to my favourite optician yesterday for new lenses. The chubby uncle is always so bright and cheerful that I actually look forward to my visit! It does help too that the prices they offer are always very competitive.
With dry eyes haunting me day to day now, I’ve switched to acuvue moist which costs twice of what I am currently using. Perhaps it’s time I consider lasik?
I’ll be sending my mom to the airport at 4 in the morning tomorrow. Although I am worried sick about her first trip overseas, I can see she’s really excited at the prospect of spending 2 weeks at a temple with her religious friends. I grilled her friends for their phone numbers and addresses like a mother hen, packed tibits and basic necessities for her like a worried mother of a teenager.
For the longest time in my life, I believed people are kind and horror stories of how evil one can be are from lands far away. Up until the time I watched Taken and My Name Is Justine. I learnt more about human trafficking. To top that up, I can vividly remember the scenes of a woman who was kidnapped in the US and was tortured so horribly it takes one’s wildest imagination to be able to comprehend it. What’s worse was that she was just randomly picked and all for the purpose of satisfying a pair of physco couple. This is also why I told my intern not to talk to strangers when she went for her trip to Thailand. You’ll never know when bad things can happen to you.
On a (much) brighter note, my rather close friend (now ex-colleague) has moved to my neighbourhood. It’s great to have a dinner kaki since she eats out as well.
I am also looking forward to the dress making course which should commence soon. Excitement excitement!
No comments:
Post a Comment