Fear.
Fear is an emotion that tags itself along whether you want it or not. When I think of the change that's going to come, I can't help but feel that woozy uncertainty. What if I don't like the working hours, what if the boss is shit, what if i hate my job and what if (most of all) I regret it? In another 11 working days, I will be history, hidden away in Paul's CPF filing folder.
A selfish side of me hopes things will crumble and fall. I hope they can't manage without me. But I know that no one is indispensible, it’s just how some people are more indispensible than others. I have not worked in a place for a time this long and perhaps this is why I feel so attached to this place. In ways more than one, I helped make this a fucking decent office. (I am not going to complain about the compensation package)
The weather is getting so bad now i LOVE aircon so much. I’m mentally debating if I should go ahead to buy an aircon or just bear with it thru summer (is that 6 months here is Singapore???) On another note, i need to stuff my wardrobe with work wear and funky looking shoes that hurts and disfigures your toes. All these means ka-ching flying out of the window
I love lazy afternoons like this. Hopefully I can hit the pool this weekend
No comments:
Post a Comment